Countering threats to the nation’s cyber systems, including both conventional information technology systems and cyber systems in critical infrastructure, has become a major strategic objective. Smart grid technologies promise advances in efficiency, reliability, integration of renewable energy sources, customer involvement, and new markets. To realize those benefits, the grid relies on a cyber measurement and control infrastructure that includes components ranging from smart appliances to automated generation control.
TCIPG research has produced important results and innovative technologies in the following areas:
- Trustworthy Technologies for Wide-Area Monitoring and Control
- Trustworthy Technologies for Local Area Management, Monitoring, and Control
- Responding To and Managing Cyber Events
- Trust Assessment
In addition to those four clusters of closely interrelated research, TCIPG invests in cross-cutting research efforts that address and involve Education and Engagement, Testbed Initiatives, and Industry Interaction and Technology Transfer.
Research Posters and Fact Sheets
Visit the specific TCIPG activity to download a current fact sheet as well as research posters presented at our annual industry workshops. Below are links to poster session archives from past industry workshops:
- 2014 Industry Workshop Poster Session
- 2013 Industry Workshop Poster Session
- 2012 Industry Workshop Poster Session
- 2011 Industry Workshop Poster Session
Fact Sheet books from industry workshops are also available for download (see next section).
- TCIPG Project Overview Fact Sheet (PDF)
- Slide Summary of TCIPG Technical Clusters & Threads, Research Activities, and Cross-Cutting Efforts (PDF)
- Book: Research Activity Fact Sheets from the 2014 Industry Workshop (PDF)
- Book: Research Activity Fact Sheets from the 2013 Industry Workshop (PDF)
- Book: Research Activity Fact Sheet from the 2012 Industry Workshop (PDF)
- Book: Research Activity Fact Sheets from the 2011 Industry Workshop (PDF)
TCIPG researchers are also involved in a wide variety of other projects related to the smart grid and energy delivery systems.